The maiden ‘Sawing Technology Forum’ will be held on February 20, 2018 at the METAV expo. The forum is expected to develop a dialogue between machinery and tool manufacturers and users.
METAV 2018 is expected to gather industry stalwarts from diverse segments such as tool and mould making; metal working, turning; automotive and component suppliers; aerospace and many more.
To make things interesting, a new segment called ‘Sawing Technology Forum’ has been added to the event. This forum will be held for the first time at METAV and present applicationally relevant solutional approaches for simple single-blank cutting as well as mass-production blank cutting. The session is also expected to display the latest developments in the field.
The three thematic blocks of sawing machines, sawing tools and process optimisation are presented by the IPA (Fraunhofer Institute for Production Engineering and Automation) and numerous market leaders from the sawing sector. The objective of conducting the Sawing Technology Forum is to develop a dialogue between machinery and tool manufacturers and users. This segment is organized by the VDW (German Machine Tool Builders’ Association), in conjunction with the IPA, Stuttgart.
The Sawing Technology Forum will thus enable the participants to stay updated on the latest trends in the sawing industry with a special focus on the processes including manufacturing and automation processes. The session will also provide information on the different kinds of tools that can be used in this segment.
The "Industry 4.0" concept, whose integral components are digitization and networking, has become a vital segment of the manufacturing industry. The forum will also address the opportunities and options for sawing machines and the networking of downstream processes.
At the Forum, specialists and managers will also get an overview of the ongoing status in the sawing technology industry and in addition to this they will be offered specific aids which will help them in their decision-making.
In summary, the forum will turn out to be a win-win situation for all the participants!
Sawing Technology Forum
- Date: 20 February 2018
- Time: 9.30 AM - 1.30 PM
- Venue: Convention Center CCD East, Room M
- Language: German
- Fee: 120 euros, day ticket for the METAV 2018 is included.
- Registration: Log onto saegen-stuttgart.de
- Contact: Tim Mayer, Fraunhofer IPA, Tel: +49 711 970-1549
- 9:00 AM: Registration and welcome coffee
- 9:30 AM: Sawing machines from large to small – Current solutions from the sector with examples from the field
- 10:30 AM: Tool selection and its consequences – The right sawing tools for the right application
- 11:30 AM: Process optimisation in present-day sawing processes – Cost-efficient, smart sawing in the existing situational environment
- 12.30 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: Event concludes