Hannover Messe 2019 Live demo: Life cycle of a chocolate bar
As part of a personalised live demo, Atos guides booth visitors through the life-cycle of a product – with a bar of chocolate as the example. Visitors can then follow it through each phase, from conception to production and all the way to sales presentation.
A fundamental element at all stages: the relevant safety components, which are always of immense importance in production, Atos tells us.
The firm visualises the product’s life-cycle with the help of five stages: starting with design, then production, maintenance and quality control, and finally point-of-sale and after-sales services, the product serves as an example of a entire digital value creation chain. This is controlled throughout by the digital twins, visualised digitally on the basis of IoT data, of the product, production, and customer behaviour.
The five stages in overview:
1) On the basis of consumer data such as consumption volume, usage trends and preferences, the parameters of the end product are defined and the product is developed.
2) In production, Atos shows how special applications, based for example on Siemens’ Mindsphere, enable each production step to be followed and digitally controlled.
3) In concrete simulations, this IT service provider demonstrates different challenges in the production process and the corresponding solutions via Remote Field Service.
4) Quality control with AI: the product – that is, the bar of chocolate – is analysed with the help of Deep Learning and image recognition, and assessed. The significance of the hardware is made clear by the massive acceleration of complex calculating operations achieved with the Atos Quantum Learning Machine and the BullSequana S Server on show at the fair.
5) Atos shows the digitisation of point-of-sale and after-sales services with the help of, among other things, the Connected Cooler Use Case – supply process, available quantity and product consumption data are collected via a networked refrigerator and linked to further usage data to produce the customer’s digital twin.
In addition, you can see Atos as a premium partner in the Siemens Mindsphere Lounge in Hall 10, where the firm shows industry-specific IoT use cases worked out in cooperation with customers. Also on show there is the new private cloud option for the Mindsphere IoT operating system.
At the SAP Partner booth, Atos shows its showcase of examples from the area of after-sales and service.
Visit Atos SE at Hannover Messe in Hall 6, Booth A46.