LVD Provides Data-driven Advantage Industry 4.0 Ready
LVD makes the smart factory of the future possible with its integration philosophy and a suite of CADMAN® software products designed to drive continuous productivity and quality improvements.
The next quantum leap in manufacturing is looming. What is considered the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0, is already taking hold in certain markets. Sectors like the auto industry have emerged as early-adopters to the concept, but how will Industry 4.0 radically change manufacturing across the globe?
Data drives intelligence
Industry 4.0 changes the game by adding intelligence to the mix – not just aiming for smarter machines or software, but a smart factory; a factory where machines, products, tools and software communicate with each other. This is where we’ll see the most adoption in the sheet metal industry; machines will become social, sharing information with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). Decision-makers get real-time insights from the shop floor and instant control of production processes. These analytics help drive improvements in productivity, quality and machine efficiency.
From art to finished part
For LVD, Industry 4.0 is the logical next step in our integration philosophy. All of our products are already social, enabled through our software suite, CADMAN®.
With CADMAN, users can move closer to the smart factory concept. The modules in this software suite help to organize and streamline production processes – covering the entire value chain of sheet metal; starting with a 3D CAD file, guiding the production team to a finished part with the shortest lead time and best quality.
- CADMAN-Job accepts a new, incoming order. This centralized database is the lifeline, connecting the front office and shop floor, allowing the user to easily generate and manage jobs.
- Once ready to process parts, CADMAN-L, CADMAN-P and CADMAN-B, software for laser cutting, punching and bending efficiently generate programs to maximize throughput – for the simplest part up to the most complex.
- To ensure good input produces good output, Open Sheet Metal (OSM), a 3D CAD file ‘new standard’ developed by LVD, means that no time is lost by incorrect 3D file importation and part reconstruction prior to programming. By ensuring the design is translated, without fault, to the real part, tedious editing of individual parts is eliminated.
- CADMAN-Job makes all this information available real-time to the office and to the shop floor.
- Using LVD’s TOUCH series controls – which are seamlessly integrated with all CADMAN modules – operators efficiently manage each job from laser cutting and punching to sorting and bending.
- CADMAN is designed to minimize set-up times, improve tool setups and efficiently manage jobs for significant time savings.
- With an extensive database for a wide array of technologies, materials, tools and integration with intuitive process control systems, CADMAN helps ensure consistent, high-quality output.
- CADMAN is easy to use, combining the key fabrication disciplines of design, programming and production control into a single, integrated package.