Düsseldorf will once again play host to one of the most recognised metalworking shows across Europe. Industry players are keen to witness the latest trends and technologies in this sector.
The 20th International Exhibition for Metalworking Technologies is all set to take place from February 20–24, 2018 at the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre in Germany. Organised by the German Machine Tool Builders’ Association (VDW), METAV 2018 will gather industry stalwarts from diverse segments such as tool and mould making; metal working, turning; automotive and component suppliers; aerospace and many more.
Interesting attractions at METAV 2018
The event will act as the perfect platform for networking with the who’s who of the industry and also assist visitors and exhibitors to update themselves with the latest happenings of the sector. The show focuses on core topics such as machine tools, manufacturing systems, precision tools, automated material flow, computer technology, industrial electronics, parts and accessories, etc. METAV 2018 will also be showcasing four successful areas—quality, additive manufacturing, moulding and medical—that were highly appreciated by both visitors and exhibitors in the previous edition of the event.
This is not all! One of the highlights of the event is the ‘Industry 4.0’ theme park through which exhibitors can showcase some of their leading edge, contemporary and innovative technologies. Reports by VDW suggested that more than three quarters of the visitors of METAV 2016 indicated that they were interested in industry 4.0.
The quality of the visitors who attend this show is very high. According to facts stated by VDW, in the previous edition of the event i.e. 2016, about 63 per cent of the visitors indicated that they have an influence on purchasing decisions. The show attracts manufacturers and users not only from the region, but also from the neighbouring Benelux countries and nearby Scandinavian countries.
With the beginning of the New Year, the industry is eagerly waiting for METAV 2018 to be unveiled!
Events to be held at METAV 2018
- Industry 4.0 Theme Park
- Special youth show of the Youth Education and Development Foundation
- International symposium ‘Inside 3D Printing’ of Rising Media
- Workshops on quality assurance by the German Society for Quality (DGQ) and the German Society for Certification of Management Systems (DQS)
- 7th Dortmund Grinding Seminar – ‘METAV Special 2018’ of the Institute of Machining Technology (ISF) at Dortmund University of Applied Sciences
- Forum on ‘Potential of Clamping Technology in Process-Efficient Manufacturing’ of the Precision Tools Association in VDMA
- Sawing Technology Application Forum of the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation (IPA)
- VDW Technology Day – ‘Safety guidelines at machine tools’