Industry Alliance Germany: Global standard for industry
Through the joint venture ADAMOS (ADAptive Manufacturing Open Solutions), DMG MORI, Dürr, Software AG and ZEISS as well as ASM PT are establishing a strategic alliance for the future topics of Industry 4.0 and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things).
Germany’s first alliance of well-known industrial and software companies wants to establish ADAMOS as a global standard for the industry and attract other machine builders to become partners. ADAMOS is customized to meet the specific needs of machine and plant builders and their customers: The open IIoT platform ADAMOS is non-proprietary and brings together the most up-to-date IT technology and industry knowledge. It enables engineering companies to offer tried and tested solutions for digitally networked production to their customers with little effort. Machine tool builders as well as their suppliers and customers will benefit from this as ADAMOS is a platform service that offers data autonomy and access to leading software solutions.
The jointly developed ADAMOS platform will be available worldwide as of October 1, 2017. Christian Thönes, Chief Executive Officer of DMG MORI AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT said, “Regarding digitization the machine and plant building industry has to set its own standards and drive development. This can only work with strong partners. That is why we are offering an open network with ADAMOS together with leading machine building, production and software/IT know-how – from machine builders for machine builders, their suppliers and customers.“ Adding to this, Ralf W Dieter, Chief Executive Officer of Dürr AG opines, “As a machine builder we know our customers‘ requirements and know what is important. In the ADAMOS App Factory we bring industry knowledge for intuitively operated applications together with the design of digital marketplaces. The ADAMOS App Factory is a cooperation between machine builders and software companies that is closely linked with the partners.“ Lastly, Karl-Heinz Streibich, Chief Executive Officer of Software AG mentions, “Software AG’s technology leadership and digital expertise is based on a total investment of more than one billion euros. Our industry neutrality and global presence combined with the know-how of leading machine and plant builders worldwide form the foundation of ADAMOS.“
- ADAMOS focuses on close cooperation and the exchange of know-how and reduces effort and cost by making centrally developed solutions and services available to all participants.
- As a driver of innovation, ADAMOS will constantly be developing new IIoT applications.
- There is no dependency on external software providers with ADAMOS. Machine building customers obtain machines and IIoT / software solutions from the same source and have sovereignty over their data. This secures the leading position of machine building companies in the digital era.
- It offers a digital portfolio with applications specific to machine building as well as domain- and industry-specific applications.
- ADAMOS can be deployed internationally, can be quickly implemented and is available as a cloud or “on premise” solution via stationary servers.
- It uses standard solutions and interfaces and is therefore operationally reliable.
- As a “white label” solution ADAMOS allows participating machine builders to have their own individual IIoT presence. This means that the partners use the central ADAMOS platform but the front-end the customer sees can be designed with the partners’ own “look & feel“.
- The ADAMOS App Factory concentrates on the technological know-how and the industry knowledge of the partners for a quick and joint development of Apps.