MM Awards Germany: From motor spindle to powder module 4.0 - MM Awards for EMO Hannover 2017
For the sixth time, the leading industrial magazine “MM MaschinenMarkt” at the top international fair for metal processing “EMO Hannover 2017” confers ten “”MM Awards” according to categories as well as two special prizes to outstanding innovations from the branch.
Professional medium “MM MaschinenMarkt” awards prizes to innovations on the top international fair for metal processing
With their developments, numerous exhibitors had made applications for the innovation prize “MM Award for EMO Hannover 2017”. The prerequisites: The innovation must be related to a completely new development or redevelopment or improvement, which differs essentially from the status of the respective technique. The seven-member jury of the specialist editing “MM MaschinenMarkt” assessed the submission according to the degree of innovation as well as their uses for the user, environment and society. It created 27 companies on the shortlist, from which the jury selected ten category winners. In addition, two “special prizes” were awarded.
The winner of the innovation prize, “MM Award”
- Category “Additive preparation”: DMG MORI Global Marketing GmbH
- Flexibe powder module for the LASERTEC 30 SLM
- Category “Drive technology”: Carbon-Drive GmbH
- Redevelopment of a full-carbon-motor spindle
- Category “Automation/Industry 4.0“: Renishaw GmbH
- Intelligent network of production and quality assurance in Intelligent Process Control (IPC)
- Category “CAD/CAM systems“: SPRING Technologies GmbH
- NC simulation software for a flexible NC process with bidirectional 3D-tool database NCSIMUL SOLUTIONS 2017
- Category “Rotation”: Sandvik Tooling Deutschland GmbH
- Rotation methods and tool inclusive Software CoroTurn Prime and PrimeTurning
- Category “Milling”: Hyundai WIA Corporation
- 5-axis processing centre XF2000
- Category “Measuring technology”: Blum-Novotest GmbH
- Laser measuring system for tool measuring and monitoring in processing centres LC50-DIGILOG
- Category “Multifunctional machines“: Okuma Europe GmbH
- Implementation of additive and other processes in conventional multifunctional machines – Super Multitasking Machines of the series LASER EX
- Category “Clamping device“: Jakob Antriebstechnik GmbH
- Wireless tension force monitoring Force Monitoring System FMS PAD
- Category “Tools”: EWS Weigele GmbH & Co. KG
- Sensors for powered tools EWS.CyberCon4
Special prizes went to
- “Special prize“: Gerotor AG Active energy management-storage Gerotor HPS
- “Special prize“: Röhm GmbH Redevelopment of Lubritool forging tools
The EMO Hannover from the Verein Deutscher Werkzeugmaschinenfabriken e. V. (VDW) is organised with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main in a commission from the European Committee for the collaboration of the machine tool industry (Cecimo). The industrial magazine “MM MachinenMarkt“ accompanies the exhibition as an official partner with comprehensive coverage in the print magazin, online at maschinenmarkt.de as well as direct live at the fair with the official Messe Daily.
“MM MaschinenMarkt“ appears weekly in Deutschland in circulation of over 40,000 copies. The industrial magazine provides business news, management information aund praxisnahe technical reports for decision maker in production, automation and construction of the entire produ¬cing industry. MM appears internationally in China, India, Thailand, Turkey, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Austria and Switzerland in an annual total edition of over 6 million copies. The specialist portal maschinenmarkt.de is particularly present in seven subject channels in management and specialists in core branches of the production industry. The parent company Vogel Business Media is Germany’s large specialist media house with 100+ specialist journals, 100+ web portals, 100+ busi¬ness events as well as numerous mobile offers and international activities. The main headquarters are Würzburg. The company celebrated its 125th birthday in 2016.